We live in a world where hunger has become a way of life. It is one of the most devastating realities we face in the modern era. 690 million people go to bed hungry every night. In 2015 Sebastian Stricker and Bernhard Kowatsch founded ShareTheMeal sat out to change this grim reality. ShareTheMeal is a not-for-profit project of the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize winner, the UN World Food Programme.
Summary of ShareTheMeal App
“Together, we can end global hunger.” That is the goal of the ShareTheMeal app. The company proposes: If everyone with a smartphone “shared their meal” with a simple tap and a $0.80 donation, we could help end global hunger. 62% of total donations goes to the families in need, 28% are invested into fundraising and marketing, 6% of the donation is to help run the organization, and 4% covers payment fees.
Features of ShareTheMeal App
Who doesn’t want to help people in need? ShareTheMeal app makes it easy to be a part of the solution:
- Helps to end malnutrition in children
- Paving a way to stamp out world hunger
- Helping refugees to get food and shelter
- Monthly donors can directly support families with cash assistance
Pros of Share the Meal App
- Well-trusted platform associated with the UN
- Meals are delivered by the United Nations World Food Programme
- Payment methods are safe and secure
- Users can create customized “teams” and set goals and challenge their friends, family, and followers to join them in fighting hunger
- Members can adopt a family and join monthly subscriptions to help the family and the reports are sent to the member monthly
- Recommended by The New York Times, CNN, Wired, and Buzzfeed
Cons of Share the Meal App
- Service is not available in every country
- You might face some network issues at times while using the app
- App not available in developed countries
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Share the Meal App?
- Is ShareTheMeal a paid app?
No this is a completely free app to use.
- Where did the idea for ShareTheMeal originate from?
Sebastian Stricker and Bernhard Kowatsch founded ShareTheMeal in April 2014 in Berlin during a sabbatical.
- What is the minimum donation?
You can donate a minimum of US$0.80.
Install ShareTheMeal App for Android
You can install the ShareTheMeal app for your Android device from Google Play Store. It is completely free to download and install the app. Some of the factors to consider while downloading are as follows:
- Check the Android Version
Make sure that the version of your android is 6.0 and up to install the ShareTheMeal App.
- Check your megabyte data
Although the app is easy to download and install, ensure sufficient space on your device before you begin downloading.
- Check network connectivity
Make sure that you are connected to the internet and have appropriate data balances to download this app.
How to Install ShareTheMeal App?
The best way to install the ShareTheMeal app is to go to Google Play Store. Type “ShareTheMeal” in the search bar and click “Install”. Once the download begins, you will need to follow the instructions to complete the download.
What’s new to ShareTheMeal App?
On August 9, 2002, the ShareTheMeal app reached its 150 million meals milestone!
Can $1 a day really feed a child? ShareTheMeal has done the math, and the answer is a resounding, “Yes!” To date, this platform has shared over 150 million meals and counting. With over 1 million downloads and a 4.7 rating out of a perfect 5.0, people clearly love what ShareTheMeal stands for. We will let the reviews speak for themselves:
Jamie Harper- 22 June 2022
“Excellent and amazing idea! Oddly enough I find myself often in the position of starving for roughly a week every month due to inflation and poor governmental economics. While I primarily hope that the majority of the donated funds go to less developed countries and those who have nothing 100% of the time… I can’t help but also wonder if it’s a plaster on a larger wound… Figuratively speaking of course.” Google Play Review
|App by||United Nations|
|Supported Android Versions||Android 6.0 and up|
4 thoughts on “Hunger ends with ShareTheMeal App”